Spinach Artichoke Dip
Creamy, Indulgent-tasting & Delish!
Whether we’re entertaining or need to bring an appetizer somewhere, this Spinach Artichoke Dip is one of my go tos. It’s a healthy twist on the classic and a huge hit every time!
It’s creamy, flavorful and tastes so indulgent no one ever guesses that the base is white beans (!) instead of cream cheese and sour cream.
Recipe from Cooking Light, it has only has 8 ingredients and is super easy to make. It uses pureed white beans as a base in place of cream cheese and sour cream. The white beans are pureed with 1/4 cup of canola or vegan mayo, 1/4 cup pecorino romano, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper for a really creamy, tasty base. Then mixed with artichoke hearts and spinach and topped with mozzarella.
Served with your favorite gluten-free cracker, it is DELISH and the perfect appetizer for game day, a party or holiday.
Scroll down for recipe and leave me a comment if you try it.
Spinach Artichoke Dip
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Appetizer, Snack, Holidays
Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegetarian
- ¼ cup grated pecorino Romano
- ¼ cup canola mayonnaise or Vegan mayo (I've made it both ways)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15oz can white beans (cannellini beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 14oz can baby artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (the original recipe says to quarter them, we prefer to cut them into bite size pieces)
- 1 9oz or 10oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella or to taste (I have used more and less!)
- Preheat oven to 350° and coat a 1 or 1½ quart glass or ceramic baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place romano cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, pepper, minced garlic and white beans in a food processor, and process until smooth. Scrape down sides and process again to make sure it's really smooth.
- Spoon bean mixture into a medium bowl. Stir in the artichokes and spinach.
- Spoon entire mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly and brown.
- Tips: Can be made ahead and heats up well. If making ahead, prepare mixture and spoon into the baking dish but do not yet top with mozzarella. Instead cover the baking dish and store in the refrigerator until ready to heat up. Remove from fridge and top with mozzarella when ready to cook and serve.