Simple Bowl of Grilled and Roasted Veggies
Simple, cozy and delicious!
We were without power last evening and much of today, and while it has been restored, we all eating random food from the fridge so it doesn’t go bad, so sharing this colorful plate from a while back.
Roasted Portobello Mushrooms, Grilled Eggplant, Roasted Cherry Tomatoes, Sautéed Spinach from my garden, a big batch of quinoa and of course, some avocado. Plus an Easy Balsamic Vinaigrette. Would be so good right about now!
Scroll down for recipes.
Meatless Monday Bowl of Veggies
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Dinner, Veggies, Meal Prep
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- 1 package portobello mushroom caps or pre cut portobello mushroom caps
- 3-4 baby eggplant, cut into approx ¼ inch thick slices
- 1 container cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup quinoa prepared according to package (becomes 2 cups cooked)
- ½ avocado, cubed
- Olive Oil
- garlic to taste
- ¼ c EVOO
- 1.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- A pinch of garlic powder
- sprinkle of sea salt.
- Roasted Veggies: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. One vegetable at a time, gently toss in olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic if desired. Lay in a single layer on individual baking sheets or bake in batches. Bake for: Tomatoes - 10 minutes or until tender; Portobello Mushroom - 15 minutes or until tender. I like to cook the mushroom caps whole and cut before serving.
- Grilled Eggplant: Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Gently toss in olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic if desired. In batches, lay in a single layer on grill tray or on grill pan. Grill, flipping once, until tender and lightly charred, approximately 15 minutes
- Sautéed Spinach: In a small saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat, add minced garlic and stir for 1 -2 minutes until fragrant. Add spinach and cook until wilted, just 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk all ingredients together