Grandmother’s Apple Crisp
When Fall gives us apples...
When Fall gives us apples… we make my Grandmother’s Apple Crisp recipe. Sometimes old school recipes are really the best!
One of my favorite things about Fall is fall baking and this apple crisp is super easy and a fan favorite!
Scroll down to see the recipe.
Grandmother's Apple Crisp
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
- 7-10 apples (depending on how full you want it and size of baking dish)
- 1 cup gluten free flour (we use GF Jules all purpose flour)
- 1 tsp salt
- Approx ¾ cup sugar (you can add more or less depending on sweetness of apples)
- 2 tbsp quick cooking gluten-free oats
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal (optional)
- ⅓ cup butter melted & sligtly cooled (I used Earth Balance instead)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Peel, core and slice the apples
- Place in a baking pan (any shape, approximately 9 inches)
- Mix together with a fork until crumbly: flour, sugar, salt, flaxseed, oats and egg
- Sprinkle the mixture over the apples
- Mix cinnamon into the melted butter
- Pour over the flour mixture and apples
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until topping is slightly golden and the apples tender