Grandma’s Pumpkin Pie
Creamy, perfectly balanced and super easy to make!
Pumpkin Pie is my son’s favorite so this classic is always on the Thanksgiving dessert table!
This recipe is from my Grandmother and it’s super easy and really YUMMY!
We’ve been making it gluten-free for years but just using a gluten-free pie crust. Sometimes I purchase a pre-made pie crust– there are so many great options these days! For this one, I made the pie crust using GFJules flour & recipe. This was only my 3rd time making a homemade pie crust and I think I’m finally getting hang of it. My kitchen was a bit of a mess but it is so worth it!
Other Thanksgiving favorites include Apple Crisp (so much easier than making a pie!), Pecan Pie (a super easy and yummy classic), Pumpkin Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting (the quickest and easiest dessert to feed crowd) and Blueberry Crumble (not traditional but my husband’s favorite!).
What’s your favorite?
Scroll down to see the recipe.
Grandma's Pumpkin Pie
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Bakery, Dessert, Holiday
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Dairy Free optional
- 1½ cups canned pumpkin
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 3 slightly beaten eggs
- ¼ cup milk (or coconut milk)
- 6 oz evaporated milk (or whole fat canned coconut milk)
- Uncooked gluten-free pie crust
- Mix together pumpkin, sugar, salt, ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Add eggs and both milks. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into uncooked pie crust.
- Bake 10 min at 450°, then 30-40 minutes 350°, until crust is golden brown & center firm.