Fall Bowl of Veggie Goodness
Savory and Delicious!
The best part of a fridge stocked with roasted veggies, quinoa and proteins is being able to create a meal in minutes!
Over the weekend, I made a delicious savory Autumn Quinoa Salad with caramelized onions, dried cranberries, sliced almonds and sage (see linked post for details), and roasted white and yellow cauliflower, Maple Delicate Squash, and some chickpeas.
So today I put it all in a big bowl with some lettuce and the most perfect avocado (can we just say it is so exciting when you open a PERFECT avocado!) and had a super easy, delicious and satisfying dinner.
Scroll down for recipes.
Fall bowl of Veggie Goodness
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Dinner, Veggies, Fall
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- Yellow and White Cauliflower, cut into bite size or slightly larger pieces
- 2 Delicata Squash, cleaned and rinsed well (you can eat skin)
- Chickpeas, 1 can, rinsed and drained
- ½ avocado
- Avocado oil
- Kosher salt
- Maple Syrup (for squash)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cauliflower: Gently toss in avocado oil salt and pepper. Lay in a single layer on individual baking sheets or bake 30 minutes or until tender and slightly crispy
- Maple Glazed Squash: Cut in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. Slice into approx ¼ inch slices. Toss with olive oil and maple syrup (just enough to coat -- use more for a sweeter squash) Roast squash for approx 30-40 minutes, flipping once, until softened and starting to turn golden.
- Chickpeas: Gently toss in oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper Place in a single layer on baking sheet and bake 15 minutes or until just crispy.