Black Bean Veggie Quinoa Salad with Avocado
Quick, Fresh & Delicious!
The salad is simple 👉 Black Beans, Corn, Green Pepper, Red Onion, Tomatoes, Fresh Parsley & Quinoa all mixed together and seasoned with Rice Wine Vinegar, salt and pepper. Top with creamy avocado and you have a meal or side dish that’s fresh, hearty and SO YUMMY!
The inspiration? If you’ve followed me a while, you know one of our favorite snacking and entertaining foods is a Black Bean Veggie Salsa that we serve alongside a big bowl of tortilla chips. The Salsa is super quick and easy, it takes merely minutes to assemble. Now just add quinoa at a ratio of 2 cups salsa to 1 cup quinoa and you have this amazing salad.
Best part, this salad makes a large quantity and stays fresh for a few days (add avocado only when eating) so it’s great for feeding a crowd or a quick meal prep.
Scroll down to see the recipe.
Black Bean Veggie Quinoa Salad
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Salads, Sides, Veggies
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- 1 can of black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can of corn, drained & rinsed
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped OR approx 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 bunch Curly Italian Parsley, chopped (more or less to taste)
- Rice Wine Vinegar to taste (Start with 3 tbsp and taste. I use approximately 3-5 tbsp)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together
- NOTE: Salsa keeps well for several days
- At a ratio of 2 cups salsa to 1 cup cooked quinoa, add quinoa to salsa and toss to combine
- NOTE: I give you this ratio because we will tend to leave some of the salsa as is and make some of it into a salad. With this ratio, you have the option of making one big salad or a smaller salad or making the salad fresh each time you serve it over the course of a few days.