Simple & delish!
It was a pasta kind of day! Yellow & Green Zoodles for me, gluten-free pasta for the boys, both served with homemade tomato sauce and fresh parmigiana. To save time, I purchased the zoodles from Whole Foods– I didn’t even spiralize them ?. And I don’t cook my zoodles, I feel like they “cook” enough when I put hot sauce on them.
Sauce recipe on the website, it takes 10 minutes to prep, then simmers and makes the house smell amazing & cozy. We always have some in our freezer ready to dethaw at anytime.
Scroll down for the sauce recipe.
Yellow & Green Zoodles with Homemade Tomato Sauce
Simple Homemade Tomato Sauce
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Dinner, Pasta
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 6oz Plain tomato paste (Lately we've been using Muir Glen because it's labeled gluten-free. Be sure use plain, not seasoned, as seasoned sometimes contain wheat in some brands)
- 1 Tomato purée (we use Pomi Strained Tomatoes, 26.46oz)
- 1 tbsp or more, dried basil
- Salt to taste
- ⅛-1/4 tsp Pepper or to taste
- Heat olive oil under medium heat
- Sauté garlic until fragrant and just starting to brown
- Add tomato paste & stir in with olive oil
- Add tomato puree & stir together (If you want to make more or less, stick with ratio of 1 paste:1 puree)
- Add 1 cup of water or more till desired thickness
- Add lots of dried basil (I use approx 1 TBSP)
- Add pepper to taste (I use approx ⅛ 1- ¼ tsp)
- Add salt to taste (I tend not to use)
- Simmer for at least an hour, the longer the better
- Add water as needed