Tastes indulgent but still light!
Some days I just crave Peanut Sauce and when I do, this Vegetarian Pad Thai is the perfect dish to satisfy that craving.
A mix of rice and sweet potato noodles, shredded cabbage, bean sprouts, tofu, peanuts and the yummiest peanut sauce, this dish is nourishing and so satisfying.
Back to the Peanut Sauce, it is seriously so yummy, it’s practically drinkable. Made with natural peanut butter, gluten-free tamari, ginger, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, water, brown sugar and 2 “squirts” siracha sauce, it is the perfect sweet – savory balance.
Scroll down to see the recipe.
Vegetarian Pad Thai with the Best Peanut Sauce
Vegetarian Pad Thai
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Dinner, Veggies
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- Approximately 4 oz Gluten-free Thin Rice Noodles (I've used Explore Asian and Thai Kitchen)
- Approximately handful or two of sweet potato noodles
- ¾ cup of shredded cabbage
- ½ cup mung bean sprouts
- ¼ cup firm tofu, drained, pressed and cubed
- a handful of salted peanuts
- a handful of cilantro
- 1 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 Tbsp tamarind stir fry paste
- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped (reserve some of the green parts for garnish)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp fresh grated ginger
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp gluten-free tamari
- ½ inch piece ginger, sliced
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 "squirts" siracha sauce
- Juice of 1 small lime
- ¼ cup hot water (you can use less if you want a thicker sauce)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Over medium heat, add oil, tamarind sauce, soy sauce and heat until it is about to simmer. Add scallions and garlic and simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and add ginger, lime juice and maple syrup. Mix well
- Place all ingredients in a small blender and pulse till blended and smooth, approximately 1 minute or less
- Prepare noodles according to package
- If using sweet potato noodles, soak sweet potato noodles in hot water to soften, approximately 10 minutes
- Combine prepared noodles, sweet potato noodles, cabbage, and sprouts in a large bowl and add dressing mixing well.
- Top with tofu and peanuts
- Drizzle with peanut sauce and top with cilantro and scallions
- Store extra peanut sauce in the refrigerator in a sealed jar and use as dressing for the next few days.