Perfect texture and taste!
The most wonderful time of the year comes with the most delicious, gluten-free Sugar Cookies! Recipe dating back to my Grandmother’s sister, these are the perfect texture and taste light, crisp, subtle butter flavor and not too sweet (despite being slightly over-decorated by my elves!).
Every holiday season we have our annual Cookie Baking Day with longtime friends & family, and it is always one of my favorite days of the holiday season! Cookie baking day has been a tradition since I was a kid and the crew here today included 6 kids. That have been baking together since they were babies. Two of them were diagnosed with celiac disease seven years ago and we’ve been baking our family recipes gluten-free ever since (we like using GF Jules flour).
Scroll down to see the recipe.
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Bakery, Cookies, Dessert, Holidays
- 1 cup butter (I use 1 stick salted, 1 stick unsalted)
- 1½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 cups flour, then 1½ c more flour (I use GF Jules)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Cream the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and mix very well with the butter.
- Add the vanilla and milk, the 2 eggs and blend well.
- Sift together the 3 cups of flour, baking powder and salt and then add to the above mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Add 1½ cup more sifted flour or less as needed. The idea is that it should be stiff enough to roll.
- Chill (at least 1 hour - I usually make the day before and then take it out to almost room temp so that it is easy to roll) and roll and cut out, sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes on ungreased tin.