Savory and satisfying!
Scrambling it up! Breaking the routine and having Breakfast for Dinner.
I love seeing all the gorgeous savory breakfasts in my feed each day but with our morning routine (translation: we wake up with just enough time to eat and get to school) such a breakfast just isn’t happening. So it was fun to make it for dinner.
My plate is tofu scramble with onions and turmeric, sautéed spinach with red onions & sundried tomatoes, roast tomatoes and rosemary roast potatoes. My son opted for eggs and bacon with his veggies & potatoes.
Hope everyone had a great day!
Scroll down to see the recipe.
Scrambling it up!
Scrambling it up!
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Breakfast, Dinner, Veggies
Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegan
- 1 container extra firm tofu, drained and rinsed (I only had firm tofu today and it still worked well)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ - ½ tsp salt (depending on personal tastes)
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Nutritional Yeast to taste -- I didn't have any today but add sometimes for additional flavor
- ½-1 small red onion, chopped
- Sundried tomatoes in oil, approximately 10 chopped
- 1 5oz container baby spinach
- 1 container cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil or Avocado oil to coat
- 1 bag of petit potatoes, any color or mixed
- Olive Oil to coat
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Rosemary to taste
- Pat dry tofu and cover in an absorbent towel or many paper towels then cover with a heavy pan and let sit for approx 15 minutes to release water.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil, then add onions and saute until translucent and tender, approx 10 minutes.
- Unwrap tofu, and with a fork or your hands crumble tofu into bite size pieces
- Add tofu to the onions
- Add turmeric, salt and pepper and mix well. Everything will turn yellow!
- Sauté approximately 7-10 minutes or until tofu just starts to brown
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1-2 tbsp of oil from the sundried tomato jar.
- Add red onion and saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add spinach (it seems like a lot but quickly reduces once it starts to wilt) and cover for 1-2 minutes stirring occasionally, until wilted.
- Gently toss tomatoes in a touch of olive oil
- Roast in a preheated 425 degree over for 10-15 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and skin is starting to peel back
- Cut Potatoes in half or quarters, depending on preference
- Toss potatoes in olive oil, salt and rosemary until evenly coated
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for approximately 25 minutes or until the edges are crisp and golden