Twice as nice!
This pumpkin bread recipe makes 2 loaves- one for now & one which I am freezing for Thansgiving (which is just 2 weeks away!)
It’s the perfect classic pumpkin bread. It’s moist, has a great consistency and just the right flavor- not too sweet, not overly spiced. Made with a family recipe, I substituted GFJules all purpose flour in place of regular flour. It’s super easy, so yummy, and the house smells amazing when you bake it!
Scroll down to see the recipe.
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Bakery, Snacks
- ⅔ c butter (I used Earth Balance dairy free sticks)
- 2 c sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 15 oz can pure pumpkin
- ⅔ c water
- 3⅓ c Flour (I use GFJules)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves
- ⅔ c chopped walnuts (optional)
- ⅔ c raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease two 9x5x3 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Stir in eggs, pumpkin and water.
- In a separate bowl blend flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add dry ingredients to wet & mix well.
- Stir in nuts & raisins.
- Pour into pans.
- Bake 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.