Fresh noodles are the reason it's so yummy...
Nothing makes me happier than having a soup in the freezer I can count on for dinner!
This gluten-free Pasta e Fagioli soup tastes fresh and yummy, even dethawed, because we usually make the Ditalini noodles (I use Le Veneziane) separately immediately before serving.
My boys love this served with grilled cheese as well!
Scroll down to see the recipe.
Pasta e Fagioli
Pasta e Fagioli
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Soups
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion or approximately 1 cups, finely chopped
- ½ heaping cup finely chopped carrots
- ½ heaping cup finely chopped celery
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 32 oz box of Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1 750 g (26.46 oz) box Pomi strained tomatoes
- 1 15oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp pepper or to taste
- ½ to 1 tsp salt, depending on tastes
- In a medium sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat
- Add onion, carrots and celery and saute until soft, onions will be translucent, approximately 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently
- Add garlic and sauté briefly, about 1 minute
- Add in tomatoes, broth and beans, parsley, basil, salt and pepper
- Stir in well
- Let simmer on low heat for at least 20 minutes
- When ready to serve, prepare gluten-free ditalini (small pastas, we like Le Veneziane gluten-free ditalini) according to package. (We cook ditalini separately so it stays fresh and doesn't over-cook)
- Put a soup in each bowl, then add cooked ditalini
- You can Freeze the soup, minus the ditalini