Simple, nourishing & yummy!
Truth be told, I never been a huge fan of chia seed pudding. I’ve always liked it but never loved it. That said, I’d been seeing lots of bloggers share chia seed pudding photos and thought I’d give it another try. At the same time Whole Foods Monmouth County tagged me in an Instagram post they shared of Black Forest Chia Seed by RDelicious Kitchen. It was a sign that it was time to try it again. And RDelicious Kitchen’s recipe looked like a good one.
Well, for the first time I can honestly say I found a chocolate chia pudding I LOVE! Her recipe was perfectly creamy, chocolatey and flavorful. It calls for a dairy-free milk and I’ve always used almond milk in the past but this time I used unsweetened coconut milk and that made a huge difference for me because I love coconut milk.
Topped with a dollop of tangy plain yogurt (I used Kite Hill plain almond milk yogurt), fresh juicy berries and crunchy cacao nibs, it is bursting with flavor and I like it even more!
Best part is this nutritional powerhouse of a pudding takes mere minutes to prep, then sets in the fridge over night. So it makes the perfect breakfast, snack or dessert.
My family still prefers just yogurt and berries but I was able to get my son to mix in a bit of the chia pudding so that’s a start!
Scroll down for the recipe
Overnight Chocolate Chia & Berry Parfait
Recipe adapted from RDelicious Kitchen
Overnight Chocolate Chia Pudding with yogurt, berries & cacao nib
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Breakfast, Snack
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1¼ cups unsweetened non-dairy milk - I prefer Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ cup fresh assorted berries. Here I used strawberries, blueberries and pomegranates but the possibilities are endless.
- ½ cup plain yogurt (I used Kite Hill plain Almond Milk yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa nibs
- In a medium glass bowl with lid, whisk together chia seeds, cacao powder, coconut milk, and maple syrup.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator overnight to thicken.
- In the morning, give the mixture a quick stir and place into a bowl or glass for serving.
- Top each chia pudding with ¼ cup yogurt, ¼ cup berries and ½ tbsp cacao nibs or to taste.