Simple & Fresh!
There is something about citrus this time of year and I am a huge fan of grapefruit. It is tart and tangy but has an underlying sweetness. Paired with creamy avocado, the contrast really brings out the flavor of both. Add some mache rosettes, pistachio and a sweet-tangy vinaigrette made with EVOO, maple syrup, fresh lemon juice and apple cider vinegar and it is a pure delight to the senses! Perfect salad on a snowy winter day!
And did I mention that this salad is packed with nutrients and healthy fats so it is really satisfying too! Grapefruit and avocado are nutritional powerhouses with lots of vitamins and minerals!
Scroll down to see the recipe.
Grapefruit Avocado Salad with Pistachios and a Sweet-Tangy Vinaigrette
Avocado Grapefruit Salad with Pistachios and a Sweet-Tangy Vinaigrette
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Salads
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- 5-6 Grapefruit slices
- ½ avocado sliced
- Approx 1 cup Mache Rosettes
- Handful of roasted, salted pistachios
- 2 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (I've also used 1½ tbsp when I've wanted it a bit tangier)
- a pinch of kosher salt or to taste
- Assemble all ingredients in a bowl
- Whisk all ingredients together