Easy and fresh!
Apparently I was craving ALL the citrus! At the store this morning I picked up grapefruit, oranges, and cara orange slices. So for lunch, I made my favorite salad with citrus, creamy avocado and a delicious vinaigrette that is tart and tangy but has an underlying sweetness.
The sweet-tangy vinaigrette takes no more than 5 minutes to whisk together and is made with EVOO, maple syrup, fresh lemon juice and apple cider vinegar.
And did I mention that this salad is packed with nutrients and healthy fats so it is really satisfying too. Grapefruit and avocado are nutritional powerhouses with lots of vitamins and minerals!
Scroll down to see the recipe.
Citrus Avocado Salad with Pistachios & a Sweet-Tangy Vinaigrette
Citrus Grapefruit Salad with Pistachios and a Sweet-Tangy Vinaigrette
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Salads
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- 5-6 Grapefruit and/or orange slices
- ½ avocado sliced
- Approx 1 cup lettuce
- Handful of roasted, salted pistachios
- 2 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (I've also used 1½ tbsp when I've wanted it a bit tangier)
- a pinch of kosher salt or to taste
- Assemble all ingredients in a bowl
- Whisk all ingredients together