4 ingredients, 15 minutes. BAM!
Spinach, red onions and sundried tomatoes all sautéed in the sundried tomato oil and mixed with Banza chickpea shells. That’s it. High protein, high fiber, and lots of vitamins in one simple bowl. Oh, and did I mention it is really yummy?
I happened upon this dinner accidentally. My son and I love this veggie mixture and have been making it as a side dish or in a sandwich a lot. Then one day I was making it but my son wanted pasta for dinner… so a light bulb went off. Why not add the pasta to the mixture? It was a winner!
The recipe below is really my best estimates as I wasn’t measuring closely when I made this but I was so excited by how good it tasted, I wanted to share immediately! The thing is with this as with many pasta dishes, you can add more or less of any vegetable or seasoning depending on your tastes and mood and it will always taste great. So play a little, add some parmesan or ricotta salata and enjoy! I will post more exact measurements shortly.
Scroll down to see the recipe.
Chickpea pasta with Spinach, Onions and Sundried Tomatoes
Chickpea pasta with Spinach, Onions and Sun-dried Tomatoes
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Dinner, Pasta, Veggies
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- Sundried Tomatoes packed in oil, approximately 10 chopped
- ½ - 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 container of chopped spinach
- 1 box Banza Chickpea pasta, or pasta of your choice
- Parmesan cheese or ricotta salta for topping (Optional)
- Bring water to a boil and prepare pasta according to package.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1-2 tbsp of oil from the sundried tomato jar.
- Add red onion and saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add spinach (it seems like a lot but quickly reduces once it starts to wilt) and cover for 1-2 minutes stirring occasionally, until wilted.
- Stir in sundried tomatoes and let mixture cook and reduce while the pasta finishes cooking.
- Drain pasta and add to the vegetable mixture. Mix well, adding extra sundried tomato oil as needed or desired.
- Serve as is or with parmesan or ricotta salata.