Simple & Delish!
These amazing snack bars will blow your mind because they’re so yummy, you’d never guess they’re packed with so much goodness!
These bars are gluten-free, vegan, nut-free, soy-free, grain-free, and no bake. What’s in them you ask? 12 wholesome ingredients plus Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips because I couldn’t help myself ?.
They’re made with gluten-free oats, Erewhon gluten-free crispy brown rice cereal, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, shredded coconut, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, Sunbutter sunflower seed butter, cinnamon, vanilla & brown rice syrup. And they are DELISH!
The recipe adapted from my friend Melanie @cleanlittleplates who adapted it from Oh She Glows. Thanks for the recommendation Melanie– these bars are going to be on repeat all summer & beyond!
Scroll down for the recipe.
Chewy Granola Bars with Chocolate Chips
Summertime (or Anytime!) Snack Bars with Chocolate Chips
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Snack, Dessert, Cookies
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Vegan
- 1 1⁄2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups gluten-free crispy brown rice cereal (we used Erewhorn)
1⁄4 cup hemp seeds
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon, brown rice syrup
1⁄4 cup nut butter or sunflower seed butter
(we used Sunbutter)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Optional: Chocolate Chips for topping (we used Enjoy Life mini chips)
- Line 9x9 pan with parchment (or line a larger pan as I did and just use part of the pan as I did)
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sunflower seed butter and brown rice syrup and heat for 30 seconds in microwave- or until warm and liquid. Add in vanilla.
- Pour wet to dry and stir like crazy. It will be very dry and thick but eventually all pieces will soak up some wet
- Press into prepared pan and place a bit more parchment on top and flatten even more- really compact it.
- Top with mini chocolate chips and press in gently.
- Fridge-it for a few hours, or freeze-it for 10 minutes, then left the whole thing out (in the parchment) and cut up.