An easy, pretty, crowd-pleasing dessert
When you don’t have time to make blueberry pie, make a Blueberry Crumble — in a pie pan! We celebrated my husband’s birthday (and he likes blueberry anything… pie, cobbler, crumble… ) with this really yummy dessert!
This would also make for an easy, pretty and crowd-pleasing dessert for the holiday table!
Scroll down to see the recipe.
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Bakery, Dessert
- 6-8 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (on the occasions I've used frozen wild blueberries, I found I needed the 8 cups because they are tinier)
- ½ cup sugar (feel free to use up to ¾ cup if you want it sweeter)
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp flour or cornstarch
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup flour (I use GF Jules gluten-free flour)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼-1/2 cup quick cooking gluten-free oats
- 1 stick butter (I used Earth Balance soy-free sticks)
- ⅛-1/4 tsp cinnamon (to taste)
- Mix together blueberry filling and place in a pie dish of any shape approx 9 inches.
- With a pastry cutter or your hands mix together crumbe ingredients and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350° or until bubbling.