Super easy and SO yummy!
When you want apple pie but don’t want to make a crust, throw apple crisp in a pie pan! Super easy, looks pretty, and SO yummy!
This is my Grandmother’s apple crisp recipe, made with gluten-free flour. Always a crowd pleaser! What will you be making for Thanksgiving?
Scroll down to see the recipe.
Author: Healthy Gluten-Free Family
Recipe type: Bakery, Dessert, Holidays
- 7-10 apples (depending on how full you want it and size of baking dish)
- 1 cup gluten free flour (we use GF Jules all-purpose flour)
- 1 tsp salt
- Approx ¾ cup sugar (you can add more or less depending on sweetness of apples)
- 2 tbsp quick cooking gluten-free oats
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal (optional)
- ⅓ cup butter melted & slightly cooled (I use Earth Balance sticks instead)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Peel, core and slice the apples, and place in a baking pan (any shape, approximately 9 inch).
- With a fork, mix together flour, sugar, salt, flaxseed, oats and egg until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the apples.
- Mix cinnamon into the melted butter.
- Pour over the flour mixture and apples.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until topping slightly golden and apples tender.